Saturday, 29 September 2012

sidenote

you know it;s been too long to update your blog when tou forget the fucking password...

so... shit new with me... not alot. i dont know if ou picked this up but i;m drinlk. it;s stauray night, and i;n not sure if it';s quarter to two or quarter to 3 what with the daylifht saving malarkey. the reason ... ah fuck, hannah has just come in from work and got distracted so dont even know what the sentence was beginning with "the reason".

I lied. there is some shit that's new with me. probablybest to bullet point it

  • i;ve moved out the hostel and into a lovely flat. me and hananh have moved into a lovely little flat, slight new yo9rk industiral esque, 10 mins away from theold hostle, we've moved in with 2 lovely kiwi girls, who are simply the nicest, kindest peopleyou ould hope to meet. WE bought a bed of trademe, i built it with myt leatherman ande felt veryt manyl, 
  1. I hvent worked for the last 15 days. I got bought into the officve a cou0le weeks ago on wednesday sto say not to come in ti;l they had a new list for us to work on. I saw this coming and it didnt come as a suprise, though unemployment sucks. I feel unproductive and see my bank balace dwindling. the whole idea of NZ was NZ pays for NZ, whicbh up until now has been working out faboulsy. i;ve lived a quite affluent lifesyty;e, been to movies, bought shit htat i;dlike, though my money is running low and i need a jo9b pronto.
  • ( i dont know if you;ve heard or lnow about the shit sandwich, where you put a negative inbetween two postives, but here is an example)/. \\\\\\ well,half. i;ve bought a road bike, a lovely blue little thing, well looked after, can;t decide on naming it between Epona, Lorretta or pegasus, so have settled on Loretta epona pegasus. I aslo have a closet ambition to ride north to south NZ, in either the coming march of this time next year, ie bookending the hot summer. I've startede boot camp in order to get fit, and think that i have under estimated the challenge that this cyloce ride will provide. Like top gear, overly ambitious but ridiculously good natured, and being a stubborn bastard it will happen, especalliy now that i';ve put it in ink admitting what i'm going to do. I bought Loretta 2 weeks ago though hvanet't riddne her, due to lack of funds to buy cyclung shoes (she's rocking cleats), the ;egal requirement to wear a helmet here, plus locks and lights. Once i get my shit sorted of think fucfk it and whack it on my UK credit card i'.l start training for it. shortest route is around 2200 km, though with diversions and who knows what could be a lot longer. though i cant think of a better way to see the country and get fit at the same time. I haven;t come half way acrss the world to worry, be contained by normal parameters, and what i cant and can do, there's no point in worrying about the things you can't control, and if you can control them, why are you worrying about them.
Despite my temp concern about no job, i'm doing alright for myself/. I'm really happy with where i'm living, the people i'm living with and also Hannah, who is magnificent, when i wasn't looking for anyone i came upon her and couldnt be happier. 

i'm going to go to bed as i'm fucked and rambkling. i still haven;t sent a spostcard from auckland yet back home which i apologise for, i will get on it. 

lots of love to you all, you're awesome x

No comments:

Post a Comment