Had an amazing weekend! Saturday spent it with Hannah, mixing it up with laundry and pastries, beers and mexican with our friend Robyn who was up from Wellywood, meeting Hannah's brother and his fiancee and having a lovely BBQ with Liz with some more beers.
Great preparation for a 8.5km run. Me, Gary, Ari and Adam did Round the Bays, NZ's largest sporting event with over 70,000 people. Was amazing, felt like an antelope in a stampede (we didn't kill Mufasa). We got there about 8 and it didn't start till half 9, and where I had attempted to rehydrate like a mofo as soon as we started I sprinted 250m to Maccas, accidentally went into the JungleGym and had the longest piss in the world, (not in the jungle gym) before running out and pounding the tarmac in just over 45 minutes. It was my first semi-long run and enjoyed it.
The rest of the day was taken up with reverse carbo loading, cycled round to Gary's to mooch about, went back and cooked Hannah and myself dinner, then went and played football. We had a shocker, going 3-0 down to an own goal and a keeper nutmeg, and a poor backpass. We switched on in the last 2 minutes, scored a good goal, I got a poachers special and we had chances to get the equaliser and fucked it.
The week before the weekend was good, work, boot camp, saw The Sweeney which was dreadful, worse the Taken 2. DREAAAADFUL.
The weather is amazing, we're classed as being in a drought which is terrible for the farmers (and probably us next year) though love it. Hannah's really good and we're great. Also I forgot to mention last week, I went to two England NZ Cricket games, we won both!
Much love, and Happy Mothers day Mum, you're so good they named a day after you.
No comments:
Post a Comment