Monday, 15 July 2013

We have a high sense of self-Estima!

I also published 2 posts today, so read the one below if you're pedantic about chronological order...

Hello. My Mum emailed me letting me know I hadn't updated this for a while and more often then not she's right, writing it for her, Dad and Ali plus the handful of lovely friends that keep tabs on my ramblings, plus writing it for me in the future to remind me what a awesome time I had, no doubt in 15years I'm shaking my fist at my younger self wanting more detailed updates.

We've had a hectic month. It's been pretty routine-y though has certainly had it's highlights. We both are starting to get itchy feet, as well as cold feet as it's been really fucking cold here at times. Work is getting Hannah down a bit, she's ready to move on. So in order to be in a position to do so we wrote a to-do list, partly because I'm still a child and find it hard to do stuff unless it's written down and I can show someone I've accomplished something.

The coolest update is we bought a van. A Toyota Estima, 1996 and cloudy-green glass colour. It's the first ever car we've both owned. Hannah's brother kindly took us to the car market where we had a look at a few of them and found this one, 115k and unconverted. The bloke selling it was a dealer though didn't say he was, he was the trusting bastion of being half Greek and half Russian. We got it checked out by a Mechanic who said it was one of the better ones he seen, and in true Cheeseman fashion went to work haggling. Out of pure stubborn-ness I spent 10mins knocking an additional 50bucks off as I wasn't keen on the bloke, then as me and Hannah got the dosh out the ATM I got my maths wrong and overpaid him the $50.

It's lovely having a car, it's been raining and Hannah has booked a couple of Sundays off so we've got a few things planned. Going to do a Tree Rope adventure course in nice weather, go to the hot springs in bad weather, and going to Countdown doesn't take half a morning and look like an amateur version of Worlds Strongest Man, both of us with a couple of bags in each hand staggering forwards in vests and the lip between the teeth, blood drew. We need to sort out insurance and then start converting it. At the moment it's got 7 seats which is cool. About six of us are planning a Ski Weekend away in the mountains, and would be really cool to go down in one car and have a right laugh.

Other cool things to happen, we polished off the Star Wars films. Now started on the Terminators! Football has been good, we had 2 byes, lost one and won the most recent one. Went to Footy training tonight and smashed a beauty, a proper ISS 98 style volley. Been boot-camping Tuesday and Thurs, really enjoying it and getting fitter. Haven't been to Yoga in a while, we have a 6 session ticket thing for a place in Newmarket, should start going again. Went the Theatre last week, my mate Toto was in a play called Cat and Mouse, was very good, hung out after with his friends, some very cool and interesting people who have done interesting shit. I spoke to the bloke who wrote and directed the play, was a lovely chap, he's written a few things for Kiwi TV and was thinking of moving to LA as his dream is to write for the Simpsons.  I found it refreshing to meet someone with an ambition that he was trying to realise. I'm still waiting for lightening to strike, inspiration on what to do with myself. I'm not that fussed about it right now, I'm having a ball achieving my short term ambition (have lots of fun and do cool shit) though would be nice.

Our Flatmate Bex moved out today, she's starting Uni and a room got free with her friends so she's off. We have a new girl moving in shortly, a textiles working called Zoe.

I got my NZ driving license. In the most dreary AA building I took my completed forms, photocopy's and money to the lady behind the desk, who looked almost as dreary as the building, and waited while she did her thing. I passed the weird Eye test thing, which has three lines of letters though both Adam and Simon could only see two and somehow cheated and passed. Then it came to the photo-taking bit. She sat me in the chair, perked right up and said "I want your happy drunk face". I obliged thinking she'll get me to do the standard mug shot straight after, but no. So my license came and looks like this...



Good night x



No comments:

Post a Comment