Monday, 15 July 2013

Polar Blast!

Hello, I wrote this a couple of weeks ago though didn't push the 'publish' button because I'm special

NZ is being hit with a Polar Blast at the moment, snow is hitting the coasts and it's fucking cold and rainy. They're calling it a 'weather bomb'. I went to boot camp though it pissed it down with cold rain and wasn't feeling it, so ran home to eat, cooking up a mean roast.

I'm kinda failing at posting weekly though they're hard to keep track of at the moment. I only know it's been a couple weeks since I last posted as we've played footy twice, loosing 2-1 and drawing 2-2. It's been a good two weeks. Went to the pub to watch the ABs then smashed Hannah at darts. Been enjoying yoga, we finished the original trilogy of Star Wars (I might have made a Darth Vader finger puppet at work the day after...), 

It's been quite an interesting couple of weeks of news for NZ. Normally I don't care much for news, it's a showpiece of how fucked we are. Although I've grown to love Kiwi news, how it very much is Kiwi news, so most sport pieces start with the ABs or Warriors, or the news starts with the weather here or some other quirky story. Like recently a English kid fell 15 floors trying to drop into his balcony from his neighbour's flat above. Only in NZ would a lady let a strange drunk man into her flat at 2am when he says he wants to drop down into his balcony like it's a normal thing. The kid didn't even scream. Somehow he'll make a full recovery. 

Or Sky TV have lost the rights to the English Premier League. They've lost it to a new Internet company who will provide every single game live and on demand with a variation of packages from 3-5 bucks a week. That's 380 games for at most $200 a year. I found this really interesting. Firstly, this only cost them a reputed $600,000 (this number may be wrong), and Sky said that was too expensive. Secondly, they narrowly beat a new free to air sports channel. Also normal TVNZ1 will show a game each week, as well as an hour highlights show every Monday. NZ has just become a little more attractive to live in!

Also a burglar was robbing a house and bumped into a hung up body in the dark, scared the shit out of him and called the police.

*I've also been coerced into saying I didn't smash Hannah at darts, it was her first time and she improved rapidly.


No comments:

Post a Comment