Friday, 7 June 2013

I still like you Liz

We had a 3 day weekend just gone for the Queen's birthday and had a cracker.

Played football Saturday, smashed them 7-0 then cooked Hannah dinner and had a quiet one. Had a great day Sunday, went to Nikau Cave, 2hours out of Auckland almost on the west coast, on Farm land where this family found a cave full of Glow-worms, Staglamites (sp?) and Stagalitites (sp?), was awesome. Drove down with Adam, Sarah, Johnny and Katherine. They roasted their own coffee down there, which was awesome, and had a super special pizza. The caving bit was really cool, mostly following the stream, in some bits thigh deep, including a special squeezed bit (specially for Adam who's a big bloke), where we slipped between and crack and crawled through a 15m tunnel Army-Style in the water. Had a great day. Monday was spent chilling and we started looking at Vans.

During the week we yoga'd, went to Boot Camp where I attempted to join the 500 club, 100 Squats, Sit ups, Burpees, push ups and 20m shuttles in 25min, I failed, managed 423 all together, next time... Work   has been good, went out for drinks on Friday with the team, had a mate over for dinner and a movie, seen a lot of Hannah as her roster has been very kind to us recently. We also went to the FoodStore for our friend Liz's birthday, had Paua to start (devine, like a posh seafood Chowder) then me and Hannah shared a venison and an Eye fillet. It was a great evening round a big table, with Liz and friends, as well as her partner's family.

Other stuff you may want to know or I may want to read again in a few years time or whenever...

- My 'Smart'-phone reset itself for some reason, losing all my photo's. My fault as I didn't back them up so not going to cry or moan about it, though had some really cool shots in and around Auckland. Sunsets, rainbows, landscapes, my Darth Vader Cake that Shelley made me, a few funny pics of people, the massive Santa on Queen St - (Ali, I don't know how to use Hannah's Mac, so if you Google Map 'Queen St', on the intersection of Queen and Victoria St, you can't miss it, it's the 50ft Santa...). Also had some really cool pics of sporting events, all 3 international England Black Caps Cricket games, where during the breaks they let everyone on the pitch so you see 300 games of mini cricket, rugby and football which was awesome, Super15 Rugby, Provincial Rugby, an NRL game, they were cool.

- It's been 2 years since I left home. Today is Day 734. Fuck yeah. I remember in my first couple of weeks of traveling talking to Pat (of Pat and Ellie fame, the Aussie's whom I spent most of Italy with. Ellie met a English boy she liked, Tom, who was with magician Josh, and he liked her, and now she's in Southampton with that boy and Pat's engaged!) Anyway, talking to Pat about why I'm traveling and the grand plan I had before myself, how my attitude was 'I'm never going to be able to do this again so I'm doing it now', and he said that was bollocks and was a rubbish way of thinking and not true, and I had me a little epiphany. *Sorry - my flat isn't the most soundproof and upstairs are having a bit of sex, I say 'bit'... So yeah, have had a great two years.

- Hannah had never seen Star Wars (I know...) so we're watching the Original Trilogy at the moment and loving them, and then no doubt have to watch the prequels out of curiosity only to be disappointed yet consoled by Revenge of the Sith.

This is a Vid that two mates made of their trip, the Daves, from the 'No Shave-a-Asia' and the Game of Fives fame. We met these two boys in Hoi An and took them for a jaunt on our bikes. It's a cool vid, with some bits that I really like, such as casually riding a bike through Asian countryside or beautiful new mountain roads, stumbling upon neat urban areas or hidden waterfalls, sitting in the back of a Pick up (I'm surprised there were no manic tuk-tuk rides in it). There's better done vids out there, though  it's cool how I know these two, they don't try too hard and have a great time.


No comments:

Post a Comment