Wednesday, 4 April 2012

day 280, Ho Chi Minh City


Slept very well and woke up with my foot not hurting at all…until I moved it and had to get out of my bunk bed, of course I was on the top bunk. I could put weight on it and was less painful then yesterday so fingers crossed. Me and Michael put up an ad for the bikes on the internet, had breakfast (which was rubbish) and met two dutch girls during breakfast staying in our dorm, Mariana and Ellie. We had a walk around to find a laundry place, stopped off at a barber’s for a shave, a face pack, a hair wash and shevell, a hair cut and a brief massage, then back to the hostel to find a good place for lunch. We walked there in the sweltering heat, my ankle was struggling though had a glass of milk and some Bun Thit nuong and all was good with the world. Walked back just in time to start watching 21, the film, then we met up with two blokes staying in our hostel who were interested in the bikes. Told them everything about them and they took it for a test drive, thank fuck Martha behaved herself, then Michael went for a drive around, I did a water run and sat in the park watching the kids play football eating an ice cream, before meeting up with Michael, Mariana and Ellie and going off for dinner. Mariana had a sushi craving though the restaurant had a 40min wait so went to a street restaurant and had a good meal, I’m knackered and my foot hurts so am back in the hostel while the others have gone for a drink. Bit bummed as I would love to have a night out but alcohol thins the blood and would only swell my foot more, plus after a few drinks I’d know I’d just want to dance. Grr

No comments:

Post a Comment