Monday, 23 April 2012
day 290, Kampot
Woke up pretty early from my meat coma and lazed about. It was ridiculously hot outside, on an almost unbearable level. We decided to stay another day and Michael went with Emily, Michael, Jordan and duncan from antantica to some caves down by Kep. I wanted a day of nothing, out of the sun, so returned my bike, walked back and hung around. I watched the first half of the film Bronson before the dvd fucked up, then watched the first half of the grand prix before getting bored. Watched the Descendants which was alright and went off for afternoon cake. I wanted to be alone and read my book though a Cambodian man, who was very nice, came over to my table and started practising English on me, which I know thiis bad of me but I just didn’t have time for it, so wolfed down my cake and left, seeking solitude in my book. Two mins back at the hostel and I’m in a hammock happy as larry immersed, before a little kid with a space gun which makes noises at a offensive level started running around and raining on my parade. It just wasn’t to be, so went up to the dvd lounge and watched a couple of episodes of shameless from the 1st series which were really good, was cool to see characters who I was still watching when back in England yet back when it first started ten years ago. Michael and people came back, we went out for dinner, decided on some Cambodian, had Lak Lak, slices of beef in a sauce with rice which was very average, walked back and ran into Bronwen, the girl from Hue where we got drunk in the dorm and blindly emotionally invested in each other. Had a couple of beers and a lovely catch up before calling it a night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment