Sunday, 8 April 2012
day 281, HCMC
Spent the morning lazing away, took some washing to be done and went out for an Indian as brunch with Michael plus two blokes we met in Hue staying in our dorm, Sam and his mate (who’s name I’ve forgotten). My foot is feeling a bit better and I’m not limping as badly. We walked to the War Remnants Museum in the heat, it was bloody humid and spent a couple of hours there. They had a recreation of the ‘tiger cages’ and prisons, plus a few US military vehicles, tanks, weapons and helicopters outside. Inside was a collection of photographs of war atrocities undertaken by the US, including those involving Agent Orange, there were some very powerful and moving images around. The Museum for me though was too busy and my foot was starting to play up, so we walked back and spent a couple of hours mooching around, Michael went to pick up our washing then straight into the shower and clean clothes which was great. Me and Michael headed off to dinner to a ‘point and eat’ place which was really good, then went out for a couple of beers. I really fancy a nightout, a few beers, a boogie and meeting some people, though one beer through I started not to feel too good, really hot and tired, plus my foot hurts so called it a night, left Michael to continue for the both of us, I stopped off at a shop and bought a litre of milk, some digestive biscuits and a water and now writing this listening to my ipod on shuffle with my frozen bag of peas on my foot. Oh, and the two blokes who looked at the bikes yday have found different ones.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment