Wednesday, 18 April 2012

day 289, Kampot


The morning was spent mooching and chilling out, we hired some semi auto motorbikes and met up with Sophie and Emily, the Canadian/aussie girls from yday, and drove out to Bokor National Park, it was a bloody hot day and caught the sun abit, even with factor 60, so fucking british, though was really good fun. The road was brand new and was good to get on back on a bike, though didn’t have the emotional connection as I did with Martha. It was a solid ride up, at the top offered really cool views and old French villas, though the Chinese are building a hotel so no doubt soon to be ruined. We drove down and hung around the mid-afternoon, playing a bit of pool, going out for a cake. The evening we went back to the place that did ribs, us four plus the 3 yanks from Antarctica. I didn’t want to but I undertook the Dino Ribs Challenge as I said I could, if I didn’t finish it I paid, if I did, Michael paid; it was 15 bucks! Out came 3 full racks of ribs, one and half kilos and it was meat heavy, plus a separate plate of chips. In brackets on the menu it said it will feed four. I knew it was utterly pointless and wouldn’t end well, but a challenge is a challenge, and one which I’m not too proud to admit I completed. Only one other person had completed the challenge before, and he was a big, big man from Liverpool who polished it off in 24 miutes. It was a ridiculous amount of food though ate steadily though it, it helped that it was damn tasty, it means I get my picture on the wall of fame! It also meant I went into a bit of a meat coma and straight to bed, while the others went for beers and minigolf, so no-one won really. Also I will never do any sort of eating challenge again as it is just pointless, especially as I’m trying to slim down a bit, but was good fun and banter was plentiful.
view from bokor park


Michael was official photographer for the day as i forgot my camera,  hence why i'm in this photo


spaceship

the waterfall around bokor, with no water

Add caption

reluctant and nervous

meat heavy

relieved
esteemed company

No comments:

Post a Comment