Saturday, 3 December 2011

day 177, Koh lanta

As me and matt are sharing a double bed in our Indonesian hut just off the beach I didn’t have the best sleep, though woke up bright and early for a yoga session. It was taking place on a custom built platform again right on the beach, led by the rather miserable british lady who part owned the place with her lovely kind faced husband. There was five of us in total and she took us through the basic philosophy of yoga before getting down and dirty with it. I really enjoyed it and found it pretty difficult, I’m not the most flexible of people and controlling your breath was very hard, though I did expect to be worse and really hope to pick it up as something I do in future. We then treated ourselves to a fancy breakfast before doing absolutely fuck all during the day, it was bloody roasting so we alternated swimming, beaching and just sitting in the bungalow/in the hammock chilling out which was fabulous while planning what to do with the rest of our days (matt leaves on the 3rd). In the evening we went back to Mr Fisherman’s restaurant just down the road as the food there was superb and the man who ran it (who we nicknamed John) was a fucking dude. No surprise that it was another fantastic meal and a milkshake that probably ranks in my top 3, then we wandered down the road looking for a pub with the football on. Ended up in a Irish bar sat at the bar having a few beers while chatting with the local expats, watched the united Newcastle game which was a cracking game before calling it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment