Thursday, 22 December 2011
day 188, Chiang Mai
Slept pretty well and joined the aussies plus Jason’s gf Michelle who was sleeping last night to chill out and play a few more hands of hearts before I taught them shithead. The train was 4 hours late so arrived around midday. For some unknown reason I decided to walk to the hostel to get my bearings and was good to be off the train after 17 hours, it took me an hour and 45 mins and was bloody hot, though the hostel is really cool and full of people who are mostly travelling on their own which is awesome, it’s like a European hostel. Within 10 mins I was out at a local restaurant eating dinner with 5 people, a Scottish bloke who’s sound called Andy, irish Dave and american dude Galen, a girl from leeds called Amy and another Scottish lad called graham. After showering and sitting in the laundrette people were going out for dinner, we walked through a fair thing which was cool, ended up a restaurant outside, there were around 12 of us including sarah and becky the Canadians that i met in Bangkok. Had a really nice dinner and few drinks before moving off to a bar where another couple of drinks and shared buckets later which the owner of the hostel got in and I was smashed, enjoying myself just chatting to people. All together walked back to the hostel and passed out on the couch, where I woke the next day at 9 to crawl up to bed for another couple of hours kip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment