Thursday, 27 October 2011
Day 132, arrive Guilin then to Xingping
Slept pretty well considering, the train arrived at time in Guilin, got some cash and caught a bus to Yangzhou (which I got a bit ripped off with but in the grand scale is nowt), then again the bus to Xingping, which was supposed to be more quiet and prettier. I met 6 people on the bus, 2 Belgians and 4 Spanish, and we were all going to the same hostel. At first I wasn’t keen on the area (the hostel itself is very nice)as it had a load of tourists and people trying to push you things. I went for a walk, saw the view which is printed on the Chinese 20rmb note which was nice, well would be if it weren’t for the massive electrical wire they’ve put right across the viewing area, read my book on the roof terrace with a view over the river till it got dark and went down to the common area where they had a movie playing, the marine (awful…), and had a pizza from the traditional pizza oven in the corner and chilled out, chatting with Alen and Bjorn (the Belgians) and a german kid who I wasn’t fond of, watched Repo Men which I thoroughly enjoyed and bed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment