Saturday, 29 October 2011
day 138, shanghai
Last night I went out for a wander to see the bund plus these massive tall modern buildings which were all lit up which was fab, got an ice cream on the way back to me hostel and spotted a bloke looking a bit lost, he was staying at the same hostel so walked with him, his name’s ednan and very cool, a resident in children’s plastic surgery ifrom amaerica visiting china for a 2 week holiday. He’s off to Beijing tomorrow on the sky train so he wanted to go to a rooftop bar to have a drink, though as it was late the one we were aiming for we had no way of getting there, so went back to the hostel for a drink in their bar, sat with the winch and London couple plus this bloke from Chicago who is a harp tuner, and working for a company who is building them out here, very cool. Woke up this morning with no real plans, firstly I wanted to find out where my ferry leaves from, turns out it is a half hour walk which is cracking, so then walked back along the bund and thought I’d go in search of my china patch as it was my last day in china and I haven’t found one yet. I went to the place the hostel recommended but couldn’t find one for love nor money, then went to a shopping mall to a big supermarket (fun fun) to stock up on food and water for the ferry trip, then onto a park which was really nice, till got bothered by some teens who wanted to practice their English, (which a lot of people want to do, walk down the street 20m and someone will say hello trying to strike up a conversation, normally it’s trying to flog you shit (watches, t shirts, massage, sexy massage, cheeky cheeky massage, shit like that….)) but these were innocent kids from Xi’an who spoke pretty good English, though I couldn’t be fucked with them, I just wanted to eat my orange and be left alone. Walked back to me hostel, no one really around at the mo, got some food on my own and now back at the hostel, thinking of going to a rooftop bar tonight round the corner for a cheeky one, it will have to be a cheeky one as I’ve almost ran out of money.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment