Monday, 7 November 2011
day 149, Nara
Woke up tired, packed my bag and walked to the train station which was 45 mins away as literally had too much money for the bus, only a 10,000 note and couldn’t break it anywhere, then caught the train to Nara. I elected to take the slow train in order to see more stuff and thoroughly enjoyed it. Got to Nara and walked to my hostel where I was met by a Japanese man called Kiokso who is really nice, then headed off into Nara. Nara is quite small and has numerous things to do however wasn’t in the mood for any of it, so I walked up to the big hill (they call it a mountain) which had a stunning view of the area, read my book (PD james’ a certain justice) and watched the sunset till it got too cold. There’s lots of deer round Nara which is awesome, I got a hot chocolate (in a can) then headed back to the hostel, had a chat with Kiokso, got some tempura then as I’m the only person at the hostel had a quiet night researching stuff on my computer while my ipod is plugged into a big speaker blaring out some tunes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment