Thursday, 24 November 2011
day 168, bangkok
Woke at 6, finished packing, got some fruit candies for the plane and rushed to the subway. I caught the express train to the airport which took over an hour, found my check in desk and checked in, then took a wander to survey the food options, it was horrifically overpriced so ended up having a sub of the day on the view terrace. About 45 mins before flight leaves I realised I haven’t gone through to the departures lounge so rush through there and board my flight. To my delight it’s a huge plane, loads of leg room, a tv in front of every seat with a remote and 100s of movies for you to individually choose, and I had a 3 seat combination to myself! It was a 7 hour flight and it was the best flight I have done, my ears hardly hurt, the meal was amazing and I would have had it again quite happily, they come round with free beer, tea, wine, orange juice and water every so often, plus ice cream and packets of nuts! I watched the art of getting by, bridesmaids, bad teacher and half of friends with benefits. I tried watching the guard and the help though I couldn’t hear it properly over the shitty headphones they give you. Before I knew it I had arrived in Bangkok and it’s bloody boiling, no signs of floods, get through customs almost like it doesn’t exist, no questions as to why I have no onward flight or what not, then get the train to the city centre and meet an irish bloke going to the same sort of area so got in a taxi with him from there. Found my hostel and it’s really nice, then took a walk around. I’m staying in Khao san road, well just off it really and it’s really busy full of backpackers, most of them out to shop or get drunk. don’t like it a lot though is quite interesting to meander through and so far think thai people are lovely, even handling some of these pricks that are out here. I was due to meet up with mark for dinner though din’t work out, was at the meeting place for 15 mins but ah well, I went off a bit on a side alley and found a vegan restaurant where I had some much needed nourishment and a fruit shake which was divine, chatted with some people there and now back at the hostel dying on my laptop through tiredness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment