Saturday, 11 February 2012

day 224, Don Det


Thanks to the banging tunes didn’t sleep that great though felt infinitely better. Got some breakfast and read more of my book, met up with M and other people at the café down by the beach, walked to Sunset Oi where went for a walk around the island with Lise, stopping off at the bridge for a sit down and the organic farm for ice cream and cake, their home-made ice cream was quite possibly the best ice cream I have ever had, I cant believe I have only just discovered it and leaving tomorrow! On our way I exchanged some thai baht into kip to purchase my ticket to Pakse tomorrow. Went back to the sunset oi bar for a sit down and some card games, watching the sunset, played a bit of keepy-uppys with the local kids, and had dinner with the dutch girls and Graeme. Took a shower (as I kicked the ball into the river and needed to wash that off) and went back to the sunset oi bar where everyone was exhausted, slowly people dispersed, there was talk of a movie though no-one was at the movie place so went to bed, stopping to read a couple of chapters just before. I’m looking forward to getting moving, though it has been amazing to have a ‘holiday’ from travelling, been here for 13 nights, my own room with my stuff everywhere (not sure how it’s gonna fit again, specially with added things that people have left), this place has been very cool. I’m going to pakse to hopefully do a bike loop as long as I can find someone to do it with me, then a night bus to Vientiane and another one to Hanoi!

No comments:

Post a Comment