Day 11/12, lauterbrunnen.
So I managed to do all me washing, I didn’t realise quite how much washing I had, was pretty much all of it. Luckily in the cabin there is a gas heater so I whacked that up to full and hung all it up over it and it dried pretty damn quick. Went and knocked on Julie and Isabella (her friend which name I remembered, I say remembered, on the train from Grindelwald (we’re coming to that bit) they were trying to teach me some French, so we went though the whole j’ampelle routine!) and we headed off through the village back to the train station and caught a train to Grindelwald. After about a hour and a changeover we arrived at grindelwald and it started pissing it down, we walked up to the toboggan place but it doesn’t operate in the rain, bollocks. So we went for a bit of a walk up a hill and had a really nice time, the rain didn’t bother us at all. After a few hours we made our way back to the train station, stopping at the shop to pick up some food, I was going to cook summat up. We got shit loads of food, had bread and cheese for starters while we cooked up some spaghetti with a tomato sauce, loads of veg and mince. There was bloody loads of it which was amazing as was well hungry. In the evening we were going to go walk under the waterfall, but by the time we all got sorted out was too late and dark, so us three and a kiwi called Jaeron just sat in their cabin chatting away till it got pretty late. Slept like a baby which was amazing and woke up to a really nice clear day. Decided I would go for a little walk, so went to the camp site and made up some sandwiches and other things and set up. Walked to Murren which was pretty hard going, really steep and hot with the sun doing it’s things. At murren was amazing views, could see the big mountains with all the snow on, and they had some clay tennis courts at the very edge of the mountain, if carlsberg made tenniss courts…. It took me about 2 hours to walk to murren, so kept going onto Grimmelwald. On the way there I stopped and read a bit more of my book, then realised you could only get down via cable car, so went back through murren. On the way down I put my ipod in and had a rather pleasant daydream. On the route there were some amazing views and loads of waterfalls, I really like Switzerland sooo much. Lots of mountain bikers and this one nutter on a proper techy skateboard, it was plastic with 2 almost like bmx wheels either side of his feet. They were also people paragliding and all that, was amazing. Back at the hostel now, leave tomorrow for Interlaken, have a night accommodation booked in a tent village, a place voted one of europes 10 best hostels, with a newly opened outdoor hot-tub! Tonight will whip summat up for dinner as eating out is so expensive and then have a few beers and might go check out the bunker again. As lovely as this place is I’m looking forward to not paying for wi-fi, I’m writing me blog on work’s word and pasting it over. I’m gonna head off, I’m in desparate need of a shower. x
No comments:
Post a Comment