Sunday, 26 June 2011
day 24, torricella, lake trasimeno
This morning chilled out with jake, pat, ellie and Emily waiting to get our train to Torricella, packed out bags and said our goodbyes. Emily didn’t have a place to stay for the night so she asked if she could join us, so the four of us went off on the bus to the train station and caught our train just in time, it was partly mine and ellie’s fault as we realised we were too busy enjoying ourselves and we had not taken any pictures of Florence from piazza Michelangelo. We had to change trains so as we approached our station we got out shit together and went to open the door, which wouldn’t open and we missed our stop. 3 minutes of slight worry was put aside when we got off at the next stop and waited for a local to open the doors (he did what he did and looked damn pissed as he thought we were too lazy to open the doors even though we were in front) and got the next train to Torricella. The directions to the hostel were pretty vague, it just said 500m from train station. We walked over the train tracks and there in front of us was our bloody hostel! Inside was this proper dude called Emmanuel, who was sound as fuck and showed us to the room. The hostel was bloody amazing, lovely building with lots of character, he showed us to the room, and he said he’s put us in a upgraded room then we booked, all single beds, lots of power ports, an ensuite bathroom with separate toilets and proper beds! It’s really spacious, they have free bike hire and we are 30m away from the lake! We spend the afternoon and the evening walking a bit to a supermarket where we got some food, then had a swim in the lake and watched the sunset, which was incredible yet really fast. The lake is really pretty, it’s how I imagined italy! Walking through areas of green and little orchards, and meadow of sunflowers which haven’t bloomed yet, it’s lovely. We booked here for a night but will stay for longer me thinks, there is a island in the middle of the lake which has a hostel on it, and also this really pretty beach which gives a amazing sunset view, so instead of doing a day trip might as well stay there for a couple of days. After having a chat with pat I realised I may be running out of time for all the stuff that I want to do! I have a idea of what I want to do then keep adding different places in. I think after the lake will head to rome for a few days, then to naples to try the best pizza in italy, then back up to venice, instead of going to Sorrento and amalfi and even bari. I need to write where I really want to go and what I want to do with a time line so I don’t miss anything, as I don’t know how I will find eastern Europe. I’ve got 7 and a half weeks before I have to be in Belgium for my train home, and the original loose plan involves 10 contries! Argh! Though what a class dilemma to have mind. Also in my head been thinking I want to visit more places in germany the more I talk to people, however who knows how I will fell about slovenia/croatia/hungary/romania/Ukraine and Poland (if I get to them all). Tonight will have a shower then who knows, it’s a patron day for this area so may go check a few things out that are happening, they have this thing which translates as white night, where nothing closes for the evening so I could rock up to some museum at 4 in the morning and have a mosey about! Tomorrow want to get up early and get the free bikes out and do some cycling, I want to cycle around the lake and also get some cash, as the only cash machine in the area that we have gone to was braken. Also need to get some food preferably in some quantity as for the last 2 days have only eaten one meal, for no other reason then that’s the way it’s worked out, and I’m not exactly wasting away but I’d quite like to eat a bit, brekkie is included here so prob gorge on that. We were told by Emmanuel of a self service place a little while away that is amazing, cheap and tasty, but you have to battle the locals to serve yourself via a ticket system, he said it’s worth it so may check that out, as shit, tomorrow is a Sunday. Ah well, at ra for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment