Tuesday, 14 June 2011

day 13, interlaken

The day before yesterday had an amazing meal with Julie and isabelle, then got a few beers in with Jaeron (the kiwi) and this sound Canadian bloke called Sheldon, he was wearing the weirdest shoes I’ve ever seen called vibram 5 fingers, which I found super interesting! Went to the bunker and it was alrite, same as Friday really. Next morning caught the train to Interlaken, only a 20 min trip, and walked to the hostel in the rain. I got there bout half 11 but couldn’t get into my tent till 4, so mooching around the lobby met 2 awesome girls from Dallas, Jenny and Ashley, and went round Interlaken with them. Went for a walk, checked out the tent village  (where we are staying), it’s really cool, there’s 22 very small marquees, each with 6 beds, 3 sets of bunkbeds, with wooden floors, all around the edge with a communal area in the middle, with hammock, a fire thing, hot tub and indoor area, surrounded by mountains, it’s cool. Shared me tent with 4 other’s yday, all really nice, 2 americans and 3 guys from Singapore. Yesterday me jenny and Ashley had a good meal of pasta and vegetables, and chatted away. They were both in interesting jobs, jenny worked in production (making commercials and documentaries) and Ashley did work in recruiting but was starting a job in commercial banking in july. We got in to the tent village about half 8, which is 10 mins down the road from the main hostel with the kitchen, there was a good vibe so we went looking for some beers. Managed to find some and after a couple of cans made our way back to the hostel to go the metro, the number one club in Interlaken! It was shit, like the worst techno from the eighties over the most horrible sound system, you couldn’t hear any tune, all you could hear were people chatting. We went up to the kitchen area where sat with the 2 americans that sharing the tent with, and 2 others from Miami who were really nice, had a glass of wine (I call it wine…..) walked home and went to bed. Jenny and Ashley are going sky diving today, so gonna meet up with them for dinner in the evening. Plans for today include try and get my train to Milan sorted, I’m here for another night but it shouldn’t be too hard if I want to stay longer, plus it’s the cheapest place I’ve been to so far, and I want to go check out lake thun, as yday went to lake bierntz. Am super chilled out and having a fab time, so far the time has flown by! It’s been good to go somewhere different then a normal city, and reckon after a couple of cities I might want to head somewhere a little more rural/village-y.

No comments:

Post a Comment