Sunday, 19 June 2011
day 15, milano
Woke up this morning still in Interlaken and it was bloody boiling. I had the cabin to meself which was lovely, could put the light on and make as much noise as I wanted. Jenne and Ward, this cool Canadian bloke who were also going to Milan were going the first bit by boat, so had the morning on my onesome. Didn’t do a lot, chatted to a few people I met in the tent village, made some lunch and made me way to the train station. Got a train to speiz and saw Jenne and ward, Jenne was off to a different bit of italy and ward was off to rome. Because of a fire in a tunnel we had to make 2 changeovers which was quite fun, no one quite knew where we going, but was a really good ride, saw some amazing lakes and views in italy. Got to Milan and it was sweltering. Said my goodbyes and got on the metro. Found my hostel really easy, and like it. I’m in a 24 bed dorm, booked for 1 night but will book in again for a couple of nights maybe, met lots of cool people, and Milan seems so different from Switzerland. A lot of people I spoke to said Milan was dirty, busy and not that great, so will go for a wander tomorrow and make my own mind up. So far I’ve gone for a little walk and to the supermarket, which compared to Switzerland was dirt cheap! People in my hostel were getting these amazing looking pizza’s, leaned over to ask how much it was and they replied 7 euro! Def having one of them tomorrow. It was massive and looked amazing. Need to go see the city tomorrow and book in for another night, and also need to connect to the internet and check out the inter-rail pass round italy as that is well cheaper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment