For continuity’s sake I think I’m going to carry on my blog while I am home. After arriving in Brussels I decided to walk to the hostel which I didn’t know where it was, and Brussels is a bit of a weird place, it has some of the ugliest and prettiest buildings just right next to each other. I asked two girls who turned out to be american where the fuck I was and they pulled at a map that I recognised, realising that Sabina had in fact given me the same map a few days ago in berlin believing it would come in handy, which no doubt it did. I pulled the map out of me bag after a bit of faffing and wandered on down to my preferred hostel. Luckily they had a bed for me for the night, a nice little 4 bed dorm for not too bad a price considering Brussels could be quite expensive. I met this german bloke called david in my dorm, made my bed and wandered on down to the common room where I was relieved to use the internet which I havent been able to for the last few days. After reading a few emails and doing various bits and pieces that always seem to take longer then you’d like I decided to go and see Brussels the city. My first thought that hit me is I’m bloody glad I’m not here longer, lots of tourists, lots of bordered up shops and lots of shit. I met a nice bloke called james from Sydney in the common room and he gave me some recommendations of what to see and do. I wanted to see how long it took to walk from the north of town to the Brussels south train station so I started ambling along while stopping off at a couple of sights. I saw the main square with a few normal square things, then off to see the symbol of Brussels which is a child pissing, which was hugely insignificant to me and didn’t see the fuss. I carried on walking to the train station where the neighbourhoods turned less and less classy,more busy and generally more dirty. After arriving at the south Brussels train station I just turned around and walked back wondering what to have for dinner. I needed a piss so ended back at my hostel and realised I was too tired to eat, and after having a nice little chat with an Italian girl called Martha went to bed.
Sunday, 4 September 2011
day 76, brussels
For continuity’s sake I think I’m going to carry on my blog while I am home. After arriving in Brussels I decided to walk to the hostel which I didn’t know where it was, and Brussels is a bit of a weird place, it has some of the ugliest and prettiest buildings just right next to each other. I asked two girls who turned out to be american where the fuck I was and they pulled at a map that I recognised, realising that Sabina had in fact given me the same map a few days ago in berlin believing it would come in handy, which no doubt it did. I pulled the map out of me bag after a bit of faffing and wandered on down to my preferred hostel. Luckily they had a bed for me for the night, a nice little 4 bed dorm for not too bad a price considering Brussels could be quite expensive. I met this german bloke called david in my dorm, made my bed and wandered on down to the common room where I was relieved to use the internet which I havent been able to for the last few days. After reading a few emails and doing various bits and pieces that always seem to take longer then you’d like I decided to go and see Brussels the city. My first thought that hit me is I’m bloody glad I’m not here longer, lots of tourists, lots of bordered up shops and lots of shit. I met a nice bloke called james from Sydney in the common room and he gave me some recommendations of what to see and do. I wanted to see how long it took to walk from the north of town to the Brussels south train station so I started ambling along while stopping off at a couple of sights. I saw the main square with a few normal square things, then off to see the symbol of Brussels which is a child pissing, which was hugely insignificant to me and didn’t see the fuss. I carried on walking to the train station where the neighbourhoods turned less and less classy,more busy and generally more dirty. After arriving at the south Brussels train station I just turned around and walked back wondering what to have for dinner. I needed a piss so ended back at my hostel and realised I was too tired to eat, and after having a nice little chat with an Italian girl called Martha went to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment