Thursday, 8 September 2011
day 99, moscow!
The traditional Russian dinner was excellent, had a right old laugh round the table and tried a few different things. Started off with the soup , something like “sloyanka” which had 2 different types of meat, onion, lemon, a tomato based broth and olives. It was not a usual taste but I enjoyed it, followed up by some fish thing with cauliflower and a tomato sauce thing which was very average. After that and heading back to the hostel to chill out for a bit we took a bus to the train station to board our train to moscow. It was a really nice train, the nicest sleeper train that I have been on, and was really nice that I had a cabin with 3 of the 14 that I was travelling with, so was more relaxed then usual when taking a sleeper train as no need to constantly monitor where my stuff was as could just lock the door. Slept pretty damn well and woke up with no time at all passed 9 hours later arrived in moscow. We were picked up by a local girl called Maria and driven to our hostel, as was early couldn’t check in we moved out to the kremlin, saw st basil’s catherdral, the iconic one on the red square and went in and had a look around, where there were 5 men singing which was amazing. From there we wandered around to the mausoleum and saw lenin which was really cool, st Petersburg felt very European whereas moscow feels very Russian, people are a little less friendly and strict and I love it. From lenin we went round around the kremlin, before taking the metro to the river for a boat trip round moscow which was great. Saw a completely different angle to moscow, taking loads of pictures and having a chat. From there we took a ski lift up this hill (next to a artificial ski jump slope!) for a view of the city, then the bus back to the hostel. From there was the supermarket to get food for dinner and I cooked for 5 of us, as no-one fancied dinner out after a few splashing outs. Tonight spent the night chilling out in the hostel, chatting and playing card games ready for an early morning tomorrow and a full day in moscow which should be great” sorry this entry is a bit misjointed, it’s taken me ages and constantly distracted, but I love Russia and there’s cool things all around, from the metro to the buildings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment