Tuesday, 2 August 2011
day 59, vienna
This morning was magnificent as I got woken up around 8 and didn’t have to be up till half nine, so I lazed in my bed with was awesome, just drifting in and out of sleep and thinkings till my alarm got me up. I showered and got my shit together to check out, before heading out into the swirling rain for the walking tour. To my surprise it was pretty busy, around 18 of us, for the tour which was led by a local called suzi who was very good. She took us around Bratislava telling us bits and pieces inbetween badly scripted jokes. One of the people I met on the tour a polish bloke called kuba (short for Jacob) who was really cool, he’s a professional photographer for tommy Hilfiger who was great, he gave me lots of advice about travelling in Poland and recommended not going to Warsaw, he said to go to posner, where he lived as it is on the way to berlin and that he’d put me up and show me around, which I might very well do. After that finished I got the bus to Vienna, which was uneventful, before having to take a tram and and a metro to the hostel. I checked in alright and got to my room. The room is really spacious, no bunk beds and I’m sharing with two girls from Bristol, Hannah and georgie who are sound, had a chat with them then went out to dinner. Went to a thai restaurant which was lovely, and it was open which was a plus. It was really nice however a bit dear, my dearest meal so far but ah well. I also booked me train to munich for tomorrow night, leaving at 12:09 getting into munich at 6, and I got a bed for the same price as a seat which was a bargain! travelling at night turned out to be 40 euro cheaper then travelling by day, so all is good. Tonight may go to the ferris wheel and have a bit of a walk around as I haven’t seen much of Vienna yet. I have to get out my room by 10 tomorrow, so have 14 hours to walk around Vienna and have a bit of a gander, plus some cheap food to recuperate some of the budget.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment