Day 64, prague
I had a bit of a lonely patch yesterday where I wasn’t sure what I was doing, what to eat, what to do in the evening, so I went for a wander and got a packet of crisps (my first in ages) and had a word with meself, I realised the reason I was a bit lonely was I hadn’t spoke to anyone, so after me packet I went back to the hostel and introduced meself to 3 lads. They were alright but a bit wet, and I declined the invite to go out for dinner with them which turned out to be a great thing as the people who have the beds near mine came back. They were 3 really cool aussies, mark, eli and kai, and they had bought a football and were going out to play, so I joined them. It was great to play a bit of football again, we were in a cage then 2 London boys joined us, will and simon and we played poms v aussies, and we got battered. They were bloody good and we got owned, though everyone really enjoyed it and was good to work up a non walking sweat. After that we all went back and took a shower and prepared to go out for the evening. Mark, eli and kai got fined yesterday for not having a ticket on a tram so their budget was stretched, so we went out looking for cheap food. Everything was closed and the only thing that was open was a big Tesco, so we got some bread, cheese, meat and beers and sat outside eating and drinking. After about half hour 2 coppers came up to us and asked did we know it was illegal to drink on that part of the street, and they were entitled to fine us 1000 krone, though they were pretty sound and could see we weren’t louts and we went back to the hostel. There were a people around, 2 groups of 2dutch girls, a Canadian, another aussie and a few brits from Nottingham and just chilled out having a chat and drinking. The others went off for a bit and came back a little worse for wear, so no-one could be bothered to go out to a club, and eli was off his tits though didn’t realise it, and was going about 1000 mph, which was hilarious. This morning after a cracking sleep (was good to be on a bed) I checked in for another night and went for a walk around prague, this time with a map and things in mind to do. I saw the castle, the changing of the guards, the metronome where there used to be a statue of stalin and few other bits and pieces which were very cool. I’ve booked my train to Krakow for tomorrow, so this evening gonna have dinner and see who wants to go out to the city, as we are in prague after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment