Thursday, 11 August 2011

day 69 (but somehow it should be 70), Berlin

This morning I woke up and got meself sorted, yday night I ran into 3 boys from Nottingham that I went out with in prague, which was good to see them, they were off to Rotterdam this morning, also 2 of them were ill as well as me and livi and also 2 of the boys from Gloucester, so I think there was a bug going round and it wasn’t that I’d become rubbish at drinking. I needed to get out the hostel I was staying at as it was too big and a corporate machine so I booked 3 nights in this small hostel and made my way down there, which in contrast to the other place was amazing. After checking in and finding things to do I wandered down to berlin city centre following the river, seeing many cool things and buildings. At 4 I joined in a walking tour of the city which was really good and enjoyed it thoroughly, learning about bit’s and pieces (basically every other building was destroyed and rebuilt). I met a cool bloke there called Michael who was an aussie studying in Austria. After the tour finished I made me way back to the hostel via the supermarket and bought shit loads fruit and veg which was desperately needed after my polish plate and my day on the bus with not great food. Dinner was amazing and spent the evening round a tiny living room having a chat with different people, including this very entertaining american bloke who was cool as. I’m here for 3 nights then not sure where to after that, was thinking Amsterdam though that is dam expensive (no pun intended) so don’t know yet, think I’ll leave hamburg out for now. Also does anyone know what berlin’s football team is, I don’t and it’s bothering me

No comments:

Post a Comment