Wednesday, 3 August 2011

day 62, munchen

Had a cracking evening yesterday, I cooked a good dinner though the hostel I’m at (the tent) doesn’t have a fridge, so I bought to much and shared it with 2 girls from London, iona and Stephanie who were great. Spent the evening chatting to them, 2 swiss dudes and this very cool bloke called jimmy, from Melbourne. There was a camp fire going and carried on drinking into the evening, even had a bit of drunken ping pong which was good. Went to bed about half one and it was bloody freezing, I was in me trackies, t shirt, jumper, another jumper, socks and me wooly hat, plus a sleeping bag liner and 4 blankets, so it wasn’t too bad and I had a pretty damn good sleep considering. This morning I woke up to go on the tour of munich, along with jimmy and saw some good stuff. After that together with jimmy, a yank, a Canadian and this random guy from Bradford we went to the park and watched the surfers, who surf on an eternal wave from the river, and it was amazing. After that went to a beer garden and the group split up. I went back to the town centre just as it was starting to piss down and got some amazing Chinese food as all the german food was really expensive, then took the tram to the north of the city, where I went into the bmw complex, it had a museum (which I didn’t go into) however it had this massive lobby thing with lots of things to do and see and read about, including how engines work and gran turismo 5, which was great. After that I went to the Olympic park where they had the 1972 Olympics, and went into the stadium, that was amazing however I expected it to be bigger. I would have liked to do the tour however it happened once daily and I missed it, so I could only walk around the seating area and the press box, though was still good. I’m planning on going to prague tomorrow if everything works out, tonight I need to cook some dinner and chill out, unsure whether to go to bed early as I’m knackered or to go to a club that some people are off to, shall see how I feel

No comments:

Post a Comment