Monday, 15 August 2011
day 73, amsterdam
I made me way to the hostel which was easier said then done as the metro was being rebuilt and there wasn’t any signs or information up so I just didn’t know for some time. Once I got on a bus I walked there in 10 mins. I’m staying in a christian hostel in the red light district, which is terrible. You cannot drink, smoke or do drugs in the building, or even come back drunk or stoned. They have bible discussion and late night prayer and the room is tiny and my head is a foot away from another blokes head, the dorms of course being single sex. That and I’ve said hello to every single person walking past and no one has spoken to me. I went for a walk round Amsterdam before it had woken up and it was weird, it was a mixture of lovely canals and bridges with shit loads of tat and general paraphernalia of both the sex and the drug persuasion. A guy I knew from back home was in Amsterdam today so tried meeting up through Julia as I didn’t have him on face book, though that failed due to my fault as I got distracted on going on a walking tour and forgot to check my face book what time we would meet. The walking tour was really good, but I just don’t like Amsterdam. It’s busy, it’s seedy, it’s expensive, there aint no seats or parks. It’s like one constant conveyor belt of kebab houses, prostitutes, cannabis coffee shops and sex shops, with people going about like this is the most normal thing in the world and hookers just smiling to children walking past who are with their families. That and I fucking hate the smell of dope now, it stinks and it pisses me off. Also I got a reply from Mongolia (the embassy) about applying for my visa and they are fucking hopeless. So today I’m a bit tired, I’m gonna have a shit evening sleep in my 1940s scout dorm, I don’t wanna stay in the hostel but I don’t wanna go out, and I’m hungry but want some good food without paying the earth for it, plus I’d rather not eat by meself but no-one is talking to me. Fuck’s sake. I’ve been in that mood where I don’t even want to get my camera out to take pictures. But tomorrow I will leave, I don’t know where I am going yet, I’m trying to meet up with this dutch girl that I met in prague who is proper sound, so hopefully things will be better in the morning and I’ll quit my bitching. Even with all this moaning I’m still having a fab time
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment