Sunday, 7 August 2011
day 64, prague to krakow
Unfortunately all that is I have not made up anything that I’m about to tell you. After finishing me blog people started drinking and around 15 people were gathering and drinking. I went looking for dinner and beer, and after walking around for an hour no where was open, apart from Chinese, kfc and McDonalds. I had Chinese a few times recently and didn’t fancy it, and even though I said to meself I wouldn’t eat in kfc or McDonalds or go to any other international chain I needed some food before drinking and they were the only places that were open, so I went to kfc (the lesser of two evils) and got meself a small saver meal and it were shit. I then got some beer from the offie and went back to the hostel, where I joined in a few drinking games including a cool one where you slap your head while counting with cards in foreign languages and then a big game of ring of fire. There were a group of 4 lads from Birmingham, a group of lads from Nottingham, a couple of frenchies and 2 from Manchester, plus 2 dutch girls. After drinking till 2 we went looking for a club. It was really cool walking over charles bridge, the main bridge into the city centre with the mist setting in, you could only see about 3 metres in front of you and was really cool walking where normally loads of tourist block your path. We found the club called the wagon, and I’ve never been anywhere like it in my life. It was down some stairs in a cellar, and was a sort of indie/metal club, we walked in and they were playing elvis, it was a reasonable size but felt small because there were so many people there and everyone was giving it all the dance floor. It was also the loudest place I had been to, it blew me away. After elvis it moved onto chuck berry, the beatles before going into some metal where lots of people with long hair and denim jackets appeared out of nowhere and started having a mosh. After an hour I was a sweaty mess and my ears were hurting me ridiculously, so I walked home by meself and went to bed. I woke up a couple of hours later feeling proper rough, jumped out of my bed and started walking to the loo. Three steps in I threw up in me mouth. Threw up again in me mouth, this time the toilet was in sight. Threw up again and it was starting to overflow into my hands, the middle cubicle door was wide open, just as I rounded the corner and about to open my mouth, there was this bloke there who looked like an ugly (er) ross kemp having a dump. I managed just in time not to throw up all over his crotch and go next door before spewing all over the place, while having a chat with the bloke (who of course was English) about how close that was. After that I went back to bed before waking up an hour later to chuck up. An hour after that woke up by my alarm as needed to get the train to Krakow. The 2 people from Manchester (livvy and alex) were also doing the same thing so I went with them and got on the train. I had to book a seat a couple of days in advance as the train fills up, and I was in a cabin with 5 huge polish blokes and there didn’t seem to be any air about, so it wasn’t a great, that and the only book at the hostel that was in English was cliff Richard’s autobiography, which was/is shit, just bumf. After 6 hours on that train we had to change to another one for 2 hours, then another one for half hour. Alex and livvy had booked a hostel but didn’t have a bed for me, so they phoned ahead and booked me a night in another hostel, which was the longest 20minute walk of my life, as I was feeling very shit and hadn’t eaten anything all day and was insanely tired. I got into the hostel and went to bed straight away at half 8 on the shittest mattress every which woke me up with a jippy back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment