Tuesday, 5 July 2011

day 33 venice

After a metro, a 10 hour sleeper train and 2 buses later I am in my hostel in venice. The sleeper train was alright, in my 4 berth compartment was Ayumi, a Japanese girl travelling for 2 months, max, this Italian architect who lives in venice but is from naples and was visting his mama (and he gave us a mama made sandwich which was awesome) and this random bloke who appeared a bit late and when we woke up was gone. The sleeper was not too comfy though thought I had a pretty decent sleep.  When I arrived in venice it was pissing it down, so after a bit of faffing (it was 6 and there is a shuttle bus that runs to the hostel starts at half 9, I was planning just to lug me stuff around venice while having a look around as It was dead quiet) I decided to catch the buses to the hostel, a bit way out the city. Caught the bus alright and waited an age for the next one, though arrived at the hostel in the end. The girl behind the desk was really friendly and changed my room so I could get in straight away, instead of having to wait till one. I’m in a 3 bed cabin with ensuite, though at the moment I’m the only one in it. Plan to go back on the bus to the city centre and have as much a wander around as possible, as the boats are ridiculously expensive, though I am gonna take one as you have to, you’re in venice. I liked naples, it was a cool base for going off in different places, and I liked the city. To get into our hostel you had to go through this huge wooden door (with tiny hobbit sized door if you didn’t wanna open the huge one which was great) which lead onto a courtyard then up 6 flights of stairs and there was the hostel, which was really cool. We did waste yesterday a bit but it didn’t feel like a waste, had a good meal, got some things sorted and watched 2 films, none of us expected to have the day as we were planning on leaving in the morning, and I feel refreshed and ready to roam even after the night I had. I am looking forward to sleep tonight mind, in a proper bed that isn’t rattling around and stopping every half hour. Let’s see what venice is like.

18.22

Had a wander around venice, to start with there was loads of people so put my ipod in and had a wander around. Assoon as there was no tourists took my ipod out and had a look around. It was alright, cool that it is all water based, but it didn’t strike a chord for me, not one of my favourites. I got some gelati, lasagne and fruit and chilled out in the city, before catching 2 buses back to the hostel after 6 hours in town, all peopled out.. On the bust I met two girls from preston (both called lauren) who are in the hostel tonight, they were at a festival in croatia, then in me cabin was bruce and gemma, 2 people from England (Cheshire and Birmingham) who were also at the festival. They both made the same mistakes, ie thinking a 3am bus was 3 pm, so are staying for a couple of hours in the cabin then getting a flight back home, so have a cabin to meself, so ive done some washing and hung it out around the room. Not sure what gonna do tonight, work out how to get to slovenia maybe and what I’m doing tomorrow. Weather turned out great again, sun got it’s hat on as soon as I decided to pack a warm jumper on top of my raincoat, the bastard.

No comments:

Post a Comment