Tuesday, 12 July 2011

day 40

After having breakfast in my prison hostel (which included spilling a cup of very cold orange juice over a very big german lady, it were her fault, I was trying to be polite and she backed me into a corner, then a Japanese girl walked past and the german woman’s flailing arm got me, she wont too happy but fuck her) and checking out the t’internet for what to do next I moved on to the Zeppelin hostel, I knew where it was and after a 20 min walk was all checked in and out the door again. I mooched around Ljubljana for a bit, having a look-see and trying to find some decent shorts. The ones I had purchased from Trespass had miraculously expanded by about 6 inches, I think they broke and were pissing me off a treat, so I found this cool place and bought some green shorts just above the knee, I have a feeling Ali would call them ray mears shorts, but I like them and compared to my overlarge ones which hung around my arse and hit my shins it’s tons better. On the way back to the hostel I ran into sean and becki, so hung around with them for the rest of the day. It was too hot to do anything so went to the park under the shade and played card games which was really cool. (reminder to self, buy cards)  in the evening after some food I skipped down to the train station and bought my ticket to Zagreb for tomorrow, had the choice of 8:15 arriving at half 10, or 14:15 and arriving in half 5. There’s not much more for me to do in Ljubljana as nice as it is, and I haven’t got a place to stay  yet so thought I’d get up for the early one. After that myself, sean, becki, liam, gwen and Jordan (this cool guy from belfast, markus had moved on to munich this morning which was a shame as he was a great lad, would come out with shit like “the other day I was in the park, and this very beautiful girl walks by, he must have only been 17 or so, and he takes off his top, and then he takes off his bra. I turn around and put on my sunglasses”. (imagine that in a proper finnish accent, and in finland they don’t differentiate between he and she, it’s just the same word so it’s even more funny)) and we went to a couple of bars down by the river. Listened to some really good live jazz which was great fun, and called it a night about half 12. At the moment I’m on the train to Zagreb, having literally just caught the train (I wouldn’t have made it in my other shorts!) and quite tired, fingers crossed will find somewhere to stay pretty easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment