Saturday, 9 July 2011

day 37 bled

Today I had a super day, it was really cool. Yday joined Hannah and tom for dinner, in the kitchen met sean and Marcus. Sean’s a cool dude, he’s Canadian, pretty tall and a good laugh, as is marcus who’s from finland and student/football coach, and comes out with some cracking lines- “I am from finland, I do not get cold”, with the accent it’s gold. After dinner went for a walk around the lake with some beers, had a great time sat by the lake, when some fireworks started. They were pretty however due to being spoilt rotten in Florence I couldn’t help compare them and not be impressed, no matter how much I tried. I had a look at hostels for Ljubljana however everywhere was full, so I left it. This morning I got woken up by Hannah and Tom as asked, and we caught the bus to slap salvice, where we did a bit of a hike and saw a very cool waterfall. We then hiked up for a hour and half to another lake. It was really hot and prob the hardest hike I’d done, though really enjoyed it. When we got to where we wanted to go (it wasn’t the top of the cliff, there was another like 4 climbs up to mount triglav) there was this lovely lake which was really quiet. We walked down and was so hot decided to take a dip in the river which is formed from the waterfall. Water was soooo clear however waded into a deep pool of water and it was fucking freezing. Literally waded in, dunked me head and ran the fuck out, though so glad I did it as was damn hot. We then walked to lake Bhonji which was real nice, and walked round it, took a dip in the lake, it wasn’t as cold but weren’t warm, then caught the bus home. I cooked dinner in the evening as was my turn, had a good meal. then went out and threw a frisby around till it got dark and chilled out in the kitchen of the hostel.

No comments:

Post a Comment