Tuesday, 19 July 2011
day 46 brac, plus day 47 mostar
Woke up bright and early along with Therese and Kanute, 2 Norwegians who were going to join me for the day on the scooters. Kanute doesn’t have a driving license so he was going to go on the back of Therese’s. got the scooters just fine and after quickly getting used to them we were away. The first half hour was just amazing, zipping around, beautiful day, no traffic, was fab. We went to vivida gora, the highest part of the island which was really cool, it gave us great views of the islands, of hvar and of bol, one of the prettiest beaches in the world according to some magazines and the like. We then went to bol, where we happened to lose each other, so after 45 mins of trying to find one another I went off by meself, just scooting around and having a ball. The scooter was so much fun however I used my usual sunscreen routine, not reckoning for showing different parts of the body as doing something different then just walking, so I caught the sun on the inside of my arms and my thighs, which is a bit painful. I refuelled with petrol, then went to bol and had a look at the beach. It did look nice but was loads of people plus I didn’t want to get sandy so was quite happy just having a look at the beach from 15m away. We picked up the bikes around half 9 and I got back to the hostel at 6, bloody knackered. I did practically the whole island which was really cool, I got to see the devastation caused by the fire which was awful, whole bits of forests burnt to the ground, still smoke in the air, wasn’t good. We returned our scooters after refuelling them again (I had to put in 70kuna, where as the others only 20 because of mileage) then went for a swim while the sunset which was cracking. In the evening I had the remnants of yesterdays meal which was amazing, then had a few beers and a chat with everyone in the hostel and went out to a bar then onto a club which was cool. I was taking it easy as had to be up at 7 the next morning, so I left at 2. This morning I caught the 7:45 ferry just about, I keep cutting it fine. Then onto a half 9 bus to mostar, which took five and half hours. I found a hostel pretty easily, and had a walk around the town. The town is pretty interesting, it’s been ravaged by the war but is slowly being rebuilt, and is quite a multicultural centre, according to my guidebook it feels very Turkish. don’t know what gonna be up to tonight, but tomorrow will go to Sarajevo as no point being in mostar for 2 nights.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment