Tuesday night was cool, I met up with the laurens’ and had a chilled out evening having a goold ol chat and some beers. Wednesday my internet decided to work in the morning so I looked at getting to lake bled and where from there. During the day I took the 2 buses to venice, asked about getting to bled, and had more of a walk around. Turns out there isn’t a direct train lake bled, and they only go to Ljubljana at night, arriving at half 1 in the morning, fuck that, so I’m currently sat on the coach to Villach, Austria then a train to bled, before heading to Ljubljana then into croatia. On the way back to the hostel met 3 aussies girls travelling who were cool. I had a skyped me mum as it were her bithday, was great to speak to her. I then made me tea and was joined by the 3 aussies from the bus. Got some beers in and where I was staying have a nightclub and had a special night, having a toga party.I wasn’t keen though the aussies left and I went and sat with another group who were a mixture of brits and aussies, and after finishing me beers and they were all toga-ing up I thought fuck it, it’s either that or go to bed, so I whipped me bed sheet up, wrapped it around me and belted up, it was no gok wan product, and went to the party. The party itself was wank, aside for the novelty of wearing a bed sheet it was the same as every other party, so sat outside for most of it talking to different groups of people, ran into a kiwi I met in lautterbrunnen which was cool, and mingled. Went to bed about 3 and set me alarm for 8 to get a move on. Got out of the hostel about half 9, booked me ticket to Villach, caught the train to the other station in venice which it left from and sat on that now. I’m on here for just over 3 hours, then need to take a hour train to bled, so getting into bled for half 4 ish hopefully, then need to find a place to stay. Shouldn’t be too hard, bled is pretty compact and on hostel world yday there were loads available all for the same sorta price. I’m looking forward to bled, supposed to be real pretty. Also looking forward to heading east, italy has been bloody cool, though I’m not sad to be heading off.
18:13
The train to Villach was super smooth, was shit scenery for the first 2 hours, lots of flat farming fields, then we hit the mountains and it was insanely good. Went through 15 tunnels through mountains to get to Villach. Caught the train to lesce bled from Villach really easily as well, arrived in bled and it was super sunny. Caught the bus to the main bus station and wandered around looking for a hostel. My first choice I found easily however they did not have any space, so phoned another hostel to see if they had room. They gave me great directions (it was only 3 minutes down the same road) but still drew me a map and gave me a telephone number in case I got lost. Arrived at the place and Jani the owner came running out to meet me, he’s a dude in his thirties with long hair, and was ridiculously welcoming. Showed me the room, the bathroom, the toilets, all is really nice, has a kitchen. When showing me the kitchen I asked if it were possible to stay for 2 nights, and this girl pops up that they have a spare bed in their room for the next 2 nights, so have moved in with Hannah and her brother Tom, who are from Wiltshire and Hannah is going to Southampton uni next year. It’s cool to meet people and also because I’ve moved from a private to a 3 bed dorm it’s become cheaper which is always good. Jani gave me maps, booklets, business cards of things to do, this place looks amazing, you can do canyoning here, and on the wall they have a activity day where you can climb the highest part of the Slovenian mountains, then jump off a 12m bridge (if you want to) and swim under “the beautiful kozjak waterfall”. it looks amazing, might try and see if I can do it diy style. It’s been a bit of weird day, the travelling didn’t seem to take that long but I’ve been on the road since half 9 and only just arrived the hostel now, being 18:20. I’m joining Tom and Hannah for dinner, then might go for a walk around the lake or do something. Really glad things have worked out today and I have a great place to stay, nicer then my first choice.
No comments:
Post a Comment